Coutant Creek Ranch
WW Land Group is pleased to offer the Coutant Creek Ranch located 16 miles northeast of Sheridan, Wyoming. The ranch headquarters is nestled in a valley surrounded by juniper and cottonwood trees with 3 miles of the Prairie Dog Creek winding through the hay meadows. The upper portion of the ranch is used primarily for cattle to graze during the summer months. This area of the ranch has a clear and broad view of the Bighorn Mountains to the west. Trophy class Mule Deer and Whitetail Deer can be found roaming the property year-round.
This ranch is well suited for a mid-size cow calf operation, a mid to upper-level hay production base, or a moderate yearling cattle summer grazing business. A local hunting and outfitting company lease a portion of the ranch each fall to guide hunters and in 2018 the outfitter hosted a hunting show that was filmed on the ranch. That show was centered around a whitetail and mule deer buck hunt.
The ranch headquarters is a custom-built house completed in 2021 with amazing views of the Bighorn Mountains! The house has a large open floor plan with plenty of room for family members or friends to visit.
- 2,173± continuous deeded acres.
- No covenants or deed restrictions on the property.
- 80± acres of leased Bureau of Land Management property is available.
- 405 acres of surface irrigation water rights | 6.951 CFS |
- 7 ground water permits on the property.
- No fees for the surface irrigation water
- 2023 hay crops produced 1,600 tons of alfalfa and alfalfa grass mix hay.
- 3 center tower pivots and 7 side roll units are located on the ranch.
- Owner rated 250 head of cattle year-round.
- 4,442 SF house built in 2021. Four bedrooms and three- and one-half bathrooms.
- 1,555 SF two car garage.
- 1,128 SF two bedroom and one bathroom guest apartment is located above the two-car garage.
- One car garage is attached for the guest apartment.
- Total space under the roof is 7,582 SF.
- 2,520 SF insulated metal shop with concrete floors.
- 27'x68' wooden framed metal calving shed.
- Property taxes in 2023 | $9,388
This ranch offers an extraordinary hay production base with ample irrigation water, summer grazing pasture for cattle and recreational big game hunting in the fall. The topography of the terrain ranges from flat hay meadows to high plateau ridges with grand view of the Bighorn Mountains. The house is well designed, and the construction of the improvements were "built to last". The location of the ranch is set in a remote yet easy drive to and from Sheridan, just far enough out of town for a peaceful setting.
- Jason Watts
Sheridan - exit Fifth street from Interstate 90 travel east for 4.5 miles and turn left on Lower Prairie Dog Rd, travel for 12 miles and the ranch entrance gate is on the left.
1035 Lower Prairie Dog Rd Sheridan, Wyoming 82801
listed by - Jason Watts | 307.620.0440 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wyoming's Jewel, Sheridan's fabled western history and dramatic mountain vistas meet new west comfort and the serenity of wide-open spaces.... - www.sheridanwyoming.org